Hemi-Sync® research has been ongoing for over four decades, and today is concentrated in three distinct areas:
- Clinical application by members of The Monroe Institute®'s Professional Division. This might involve, for example, studying Metamusic® as an aid for reducing anxiety in a dentist's waiting room.
- Independent clinical or technical research by universities or other institutions on the mechanisms underlying the effectiveness of the Hemi-Sync® process. This research may be published in peer-reviewed journals and may include masters thesis and doctoral dissertations.
- Applied research in The Monroe Institute laboratory to improve and expand Hemi-Sync® applications. The Institute uses conventional scientific procedures whenever feasible but does not limit itself to such processes.
- Metamusic®: Opening the Learning Door in the ADD Mind by Barbara Bullard, MA (reprinted with permission of Children of the New Earth)
- The Mozart Effect - Metamusic®, Memory, Sleep & Quantum Learning by Barbara Bullard, MA (reprinted with permission of Children of the New Earth)
- The Sound Medicine of Brian Dailey, M.D. by Russ Mason, M.S. (this article was published in Alternative & Complementary Therapies, June, 2004)
The Facilitation of Attention Utilizing Therapeutic Sounds by George Guilfoyle, Ph.D., and Dominic Carbone, Ph.D.
The Effect of Hemispheric Synchronization on Intraoperative Analgesia by Dr. Nick Begich
A Controlled Medical Study Using Hemi-Sync®Audio Tapes During Surgery by Dr. Nick Begich
The Hemi-Sync® Process by F. Holmes Atwater
Auditory Brain Wave Stimulation in Treating Alcoholic Depression by Gilbert O. Sanders, Ed.D. and Raymond O. Waldkoetter, Ed.D.
Inducing States of Consciousness with a Binaural Beat Technology by F. Holmes Atwater
Accessing Anomalous States of Consciousness with a Binaural Beat Technology by F. Holmes Atwater
Binaural Auditory Beats Affect Vigilance Performance and Mood by James D. Lane, Stefan J. Kasian, Justine E. Owens, and Gail R. Marsh